Friday, January 20, 2012

No More Storage Building!!

Back in September 2010, I almost moved to New Mexico. That's when I quit my office job, sold or gave away most of my possessions, said good-bye to my family and friends, found an AWESOME job there, and put everything else in storage. As life would have it, that didn't end up being the case. While it was a hard recovery process (and still is in a few ways!), I have pulled through it just fine. Back in November, I was finally able to retrieve all of my things from storage...like my leather couch!!! I have a couch again - awwwww yeah!! This photo was taken back in November and there are things in my little boxes on the wall now, but you get the general idea of how the living room is shaping up:


The bookcase you can see to the left of the couch is one my Daddy made for me many years ago. I've moved it everywhere I've gone and will forever treasure it. It's heavy as can be and he's not happy with it as it's one of the first things he ever made with wood and he's always saying he'd do alot of things different now. For me, though, I think it's perfect. That bookcase is solid and well built and I love it!

As you can see, the floors still need refinishing at some point, when I can do that. With those, I don't know anything about doing them myself and I know a very meticulous lady who can do these for me when I'm ready....so it's just a matter of time until I can proceed with more on this house. I can hardly wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment