Wednesday, August 24, 2011

OUCH!!

So there's a piece of glass that broke off the garage window, I believe from a neighbor's mower or something ( I HOPE!)...and I picked it up a couple days ago and sat it inside the window to tend to it later. Today my Dad and I were outside and picked it up to show it to him, hitting my hand on the glass above still attached to the window...


My Mom looked at it and said a little more and it would have needed stitches, but I really don't think it was that bad. Still, not good because I just had to put a band-aid on it and keep going!

More progress was made today. My parents picked up a couple locks for the windows in the studio office, they scraped the old paint off the windows and cleaned them up really good - check out these windows!!


Then all 3 of us worked on the TWO layers of wallpaper in the master bedroom until all of us were ready to lie in the floor from exhaustion...but it's looking so much better. I'd say we probably did 1/2 of the room today and we are really hoping to finish it tomorrow.



Whew! That's about all I can type tonight. I still have research to do on a couple projects and some good ole vegging out for a little while before I start working on my business stuff. lol what a hectic time!! But, I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

5 comments:

  1. primer next then a color - I love the windows they are so cottage style nice base board too .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those windows!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh there's another step in there lol it's the wall texturizing, which is unavoidable. There were too many patches and issues, plus other than the bedrooms and laundry room, the remainder of the entire house is textured. Then, I will prime and paint them but that will be after I move in and get settled. Those walls have been cleaned thoroughly as has the trim and windows. Both of you are right - the windows are lovely...I just have to work on the fact the glass is loose in each of them. That will come a little later as bigger things are taking front and center at the moment. Thanks ladies for the feedback and for following all this - I love hearing your thoughts and the compliments too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please just to the texture like orange skin - texture can harbor dirt and allergens .

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other walls are thickly textured but yes I'll be doing a light texture only....it won't match what's already here as it's way way way too thick but it will have the same type of feel to it and I'll be sure to use a paint I can easily wipe down with a damp cloth as well as a little cleaner to keep the walls clean and as free from allergens as possible. Thanks Pat!

    ReplyDelete